Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ecto-Parasites on Your Lovely Pet . . . ?

AA… Ahh…! I love Dr. Keyani too much. As, he keeps a very good care of me. And I think, you also keep a lovely eye on your own lovely Kittens and Cats. I am absolutely fine and perfect these days, as I take bath regularly, I eat well, and most important that I don't have any of Ecto-Parasite on me. But I think your pet may have some of them. Ecto-Parasites are one of the most dangerous threats to us. They bring and spread diseases. As well as they can also transfer diseases between you and your pet (Zoonosis*). I am going to include some common parasites in today's discussion. Hope you'll pick my points to take care of your pets.

Flea:
Whenever you've found the fleas on us, that means there are many stages of them such as eggs and larva in your house. To get rid of them, first you have to eliminate all stages of fleas around your house, then do it inside the house and eradicate ones that parasitise on us with the effective chemical solution suggested by the veterinarian, but it on your own can harm all of us and you.

Tick:
This is one of our villains that can make us weaker. The way to get rid of is quite similar to one of the fleas, the slightly difference is the cycle of life. And the use of the chemical should be under the supervision of the veterinarian.

Mite:
There are many kinds of Feline mites. They cause different symptoms according to the place they are. For examples, if they are in our ears, the result is the inflammation. If they are the kind that affects our skin, the result is the leprosy, either dry or wet (Yuck!). The cure is similar but it takes different length of time, especially if wee are weak, we can suffer from mite easily and pain will be severe. You'd better take us to see the veterinarian once you notice the symptom.

Mosquito:
The mosquito is a carrier of Feline Dirofiliasis disease. It cause parasitic worm in our heart which shorten our life. If you can't protect us from the mosquito or realize that we are in the risk, please ask for the advice from the veterinarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment