Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oh! Poor Cute Kitten

When I tried to unlock the entrance door of my Quarter. I heard a sharp sound of a little kitten, coming from inside. This was much strange for me that about fifteen minutes ago there was not any living being left in my home as I moved out with my friends.


But now the kitten was an uncalled guest at my home. I heard that the screaming sound was coming from my kitchen. After a little search, I saw a cute white baby cat with big grey patches on her back, also a beautiful patch on the left side of her face.


I stretched my hand to touch her, but I think I was a first human being that she even saw. (At least I can think so) because she was not even knowing that what a love is. I tried my best to catch it, but failed. It was the time of noon. I put a bowl of milk near it and moved out of the home.


On my return, I think it was about 9 o'clock. I moved to the kitchen, the kitten was still sitting behind a bag of news papers. It was strange for me that she didn't even touched the milk. The bowl was still full of milk. It meant that she was hungry from more that 6 hours. I tried again to take her in my lap but she ran away. After an effort of about half an hour, I caught it in my towel. Yeah! in the towel which was under my use. But I was happy that I succeeded to catch it, but it became too much frightened, her heart beat was very fast. She even tried to scratch my hands. By the good luck she was wrapped and rolled in the towel. I put my hand over her head and slightly moved to her back. I repeated so several times, but she was still freighting. I put the her head over the bowl but she turned her face away. This worried me much that she was hungry from more than 7 hours and still she is not taking anything.



The reason that I understood for her such a behavior was that she was unable to drink the milk from a bowl and she is completely breast feeder. Suddenly an idea struck to my mind. I took a cotton bud and dipped it in the milk, and squeezed it over her mouth. Suddenly she sucked the whole cotton, but she also tried to swallow the cotton as well. As it was harmful for her. I tried to arrange an alternate.

The alternate was a tube feeder, which I invented with the help of a ball point pen. I used the covering of pen for sucking milk in it. I sucked some milk in the tube, during this my grip on the cat became loose. Suddenly the kitty tried to run away and I put some more pressure on her. This produced a jerk because of which the milk in the tube was swallowed by me. Yes, this was the same milk in which I put her mouth to drink it. But what can be done now.


I sucked again some more milk in the tube and than released drop by drop in her mouth. I was happy that she started taking milk. I repeated it several times. After that I felt that her belly has been filled to some extent. I released her back in the kitchen, and returned back to my bedroom. But her screaming sounds were still coming. I tried my best to sleep but she was not allowing me to do so.

I don't know that how many time was passed, I was passing my night in my eyes, but at last I fell asleep. I think I remained awakened up to 3 A.M.


But...


My desire to adopt this kitten was all vanished, in the morning, before going to University, I wished to put her in a basket to take it with me for necessary check-up and vaccination. But she was no-where in the home. I tried my best to find her out, but I failed. I think that her mother took her away because she was unable to climb the walls of my quarter. She was about 3-4 weeks old and I think her mother can easily take it with her mouth.


My little new guest remained in my home for just few hours. She entered my home strangely and then left me silently. I wish her to revisit my home, and I will put a little bell, with a red ribbon in her neck.


Dedicated to CUTE KITTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment